Church, Lately.

>> May 21, 2009

I've been rather discouraged lately, because it seems like I'm the only high school kid who even cares to come to church lately. It stinks, because I feel abandoned.

It's difficult to come to church and not be welcomed by people my age who want to live their life for Christ. A church family is supposed to be there. I need to be together with other believers. I can't get fellowship with Christians if no one is there.

42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Acts 2:42-47
I need this, and I'm not getting it.
I don't know where to go to get it.

4 comments:

Danny May 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

Nahomie, I am encouraged by your desire to connect with other Christians. I really like that you are looking to scripture for what the church is supposed to look like. I would like to draw your attention to the first chapter of Acts verse 8. This is the mission that Jesus left his disciples with. Then they waited for the Holy Spirit and then Peter preached the gospel and 3000 became Christians. You cannot have an Acts 2.42 church without an Acts 1.8 message. The word of God, the Gospel, the Good News (1 Cor 15:1-15) is a message that calls the church to mission. After the church recieved the Holy Spirit and went on mission, signified by Peter preaching, they were able to have the community that everyone wants. The Problem is they try to have an Acts 2 Church without an Acts 1:8 mission. There are three things that are essential elements of the church. Word or Gospel
(1 Cor 15.1-15), Mission (Acts 1:8), and Community (Acts 2.42..). So, what can you do? Gather some friends who are wanting to be on mission for God and community might result. Also, if you up for it, check out the book, Total Church for a start. You can find it on Amazon. Good luck and keep blogging what you learn. I would love to keep up with it. Let me know via twitter if you post a new post.
Danny Stiller

Laura May 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Well, looky there - I come to post a comment and my husband beat me to it. Ditto to everything he said ;-) Praying for you! And, I think he might really think your name is spelled NaHomie - which I think is hilarious!

Danny May 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Well that is how it is spelled on twitter

chloe gomel May 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

I'd so invite you to our church, but it's like, going down the tubes too... not in the people not coming, but they seriously just come to see their friends. And like, none of the adults care :/

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP