It's Been a While. (Family Force 5)

>> January 26, 2008

But here I am again.

This weekend I went to a concert with Corinn and Nancy for Corinn's birthday.

My mom told me they were going to pick me up from school at 11:30, so I left class at the expected time and set to waiting. However, someone had told Nancy to leave her house at 12:00, so I sat waiting for 45 minutes for them to come. My class got out at 12, and my friends were mad at me for not coming back. When the Purdys finally got there, we headed straight for the airport and met my dad, who gave us our tickets for the plane. I promptly put mine in my purse.

We went into the airport and got through security, but when we got to the gate, I realized that my ticket was NOT in my purse like I had thought, so we had to call my dad, who had left his phone at home. I called his cell first, and he didn't answer, so then I called his work phone. He rushed out to Nancy's van, found the tickets, and headed to the airport from HQ. He got to the gate with my tickets JUST as the door was closed, so we just barely missed our plane. We listed for the next flight, but it was full, so we had to wait for the next flight. That flight was full too, so we listed for the next flight, the one that left at 5:30. We made that one, but we got to the venue after the concert had started.

Family Force Five's merchandise girl, Chloe (who is a good friend of the Purdys), ran out and gave us hugs. She thought we had died, because Nancy had turned her phone off. The concert was great. Chloe let us go with the "golden ticket" people to the very front of the stage to watch FF5, so we were staring up all their noses, and Derek (Chapstique) almost hit Corinn in the head with his guitar. I got some great pictures. After that we went to the merchandise counter, only to find Chloe had gotten a nosebleed.

The Purdys and I ran the merch counter, hoping that Chloe would come back soon. She didn't come back. Her nose bled for 30 whole minutes. In the meantime, the credit card machine wasn't working, so we were desperately trying to get it to work, while asking for people who had cash on hand to buy first. The lighting guy, Zach, came and tried to fix the machine, but it required a password, so he had to go ask Josh (Fatty) what it was. We finally fixed the machine, and finished selling. The rush was over when Chloe finally came back. After everyone left, we helped pack up the merch counter... (that took a really long time). Afterward, we went to the tour bus and talked with the band some.

Overall, it turned out fine, but I felt bad for forgetting my tickets. My mom says that God probably worked it out just the way it needed to be. For example, we made it in time to save Chloe's butt when she had that nosebleed. She says God probably let me forget my ticket to protect us from something. If we look at the facts, I thought about letting Nancy keep my tickets, but I didn't. If I had remembered about my dad forgetting his cell phone, I would have called his work phone instead, and he might have made it. My dad had to wait at like four traffic lights, if it had been just a little bit fewer, he would have made it. Even before we got the itinerary, my mom thought about telling us to try for the flight before the one we did, but she didn't. The way God works is truly amazing. He can use our human errors for his good.

3 comments:

chloe gomel January 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

How interesting

My name is Chloe and I get not-quite-frequent-but-more-than-the-average-person's nosebleeds...

I had one New Year's Eve...

That's pretty cool though, you're like, tight with famous people.

~Chloe =]

nancy February 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

I love this post! You could be a reporter. I had NO idea that you waited for 45 minutes. I wish you had called. But, God was probably protecting us from something. Almost everyone on the bus was sick the next week. If we had gotten there earlier we would have spent more time on that germy bus. :)
And I felt GREATLY compelled to get to that concert. I now know it was to help out Chloe.
And thank you for providing the transportation!

Marcel February 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

That's . . .cool. . .I think. . .

Hey, I've seen you in forever and its irking me (I've never used that word before. . .)

So yeah. . .

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP