Walking on Broken Glass...

>> August 23, 2007

The reason I haven't written in about a week and a half is because I went on VACATION!!!! We stayed at our uncle's cabin in the mountains of New Mexico.

It was awesome, and we all had a good time bonding as a family.

In the long run, the vacation was pretty (for lack of a better word) uneventful. I mean, we did a lot of stuff, but nothing out of the ordinary happened. That is, except for the first day.

Let me explain the layout of the cabin: It has two stories. The bottom floor just has bedrooms and bathrooms, but the top one is a single, circular room with windows on all sides. on one side there are three huge windows that reach from floor to ceiling, and a sliding glass door. These overlook a balcony.

When we first got to the cabin, Victor thought the windows weren't there, and he ran smack into one of them. Now, we should have noted that and made a rule not to run inside, but we didn't.

Later, we were watching TV, and Elena got hot and (just let me tell you that we were extremely tired from driving all night), not thinking, ran and jumped through the open door. The only problem was that it actually wasn't the door! Her knee hit the 1/2 thick plate glass of the window, and it shattered! There were a few moments where we didn't have a clue what was going on. We were just screaming. My mom woke up thinking someone had died, but didn't have her glasses or her shoes, so she couldn't do anything. I took charge and got rags to stop her bleeding while my dad assessed the damage. Thankfully, the glass had only cut her arm and her knee, but one small gash on her wrist was spurting blood. it was nasty. The cut on her knee was bleeding badly as well.

So anyways, my mom went to the neighbors' house to use their phone to call the health clinic in the next town over, and we rushed over to Carizozo to get Elena treated. We spent most of the day in the waiting room. Take it from me. IT WAS FREEZING IN THERE!!!!!

So that was our great adventure. The rest of the vacation was boring compared to that (well, not really, but just go with the flow).

3 comments:

Jon August 24, 2007 at 9:04 AM  

wow, I'm glad Elana was okay. Not the best way to start off the week. Glad you are all back safe and sound.

Marcel August 25, 2007 at 7:37 PM  

Good to know Elana was okay. Tell her I said hey.

I didn't know that side of you Naomi. . .to take charge. . .just seemed to me that you would be too bored to that. . .lol

(I'm SO gonna die at PATH. . . .)

Anonymous September 12, 2007 at 11:02 PM  

I laughed till I cried when I read your account of our adventure! (mommy)

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP